A Weekend In OM
This post is inspired by Black Girl In Om, a podcast, online publication and all around "space for women of color to breathe easy".
We all know that if you want to live a centered and balanced life, it's important to care for yourself. Work hard but also spend time doing things that feed you spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Here are some self care tips you can practice this weekend.
1. Read a book. It doesn't have to be a self help book. Read whatever you enjoy, whether it's fiction, non-fiction, even fan-fiction (if that's your thing)!
2. Listen to music. I love listening to my favorite vinyl records whenever I feel stressed or even as a means of keeping my stress level low. Music is healing and the right song can put you in the right mood.
3. Practice healthy skincare. A good masking session can help you feel like you're doing something good for your body. My favorite mud masks to use are Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Mud Mask and Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Radiance Mud Mask.
4. Paint. Even if you don't think you're good at it, creative painting can be an excellent source of tension relief. It also helps you get out all your emotions and think through your thoughts.
5. Listen to podcasts. Again, these don't need to be self help podcast. As someone who loves music, I listen to a lot of song breakdown podcasts like Song Exploder.